Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hooray for me!

I didn't post about this before, because I didn't want to jinx it, but now I can tell you...... I GOT A JOB! Woo hoo! It's just part-time right now, which is better for me b/c of Ethan's current school schedule, and my BFF will be here for 10 days next week (double WOO HOO!), but I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that it will turn full-time around Nov - Dec!

It's just administrative work, but that's what I really like doing, and I'll be working on a really interesting project that I think will be challenging without being too taxing, and I'll get to learn about new things. All my administartive experience to date has been in the medical field, so I'm excited to be branching out. The job is just temporary, for one year, so that's perfect too (I always get guilt-gut when I accept a job knowing we'll be moving after only a year or two).

I've worked 5 days so far, about 4 - 5 hours each day and it's been awesome. I love getting up in the morning and dressing up with my heels and jewelry, doing my hair and make-up, as opposed throwing on sweats and a t-shirt and smashing my hair up in a pony. Everyone in the office seems great, but after October, I'll be the only female in the group. Maybe that'll be a good thing, none of the usual catiness and bitchiness or typical office drama and gossip to deal with. Although I do love a good goss over a cuppa as much as the next gal, I can do without all the other junk.

So that's my news! Yay me!

4 comments:

shinshu life said...

Congratulations!! It is nice to have an excuse to get out of your PJs isn't it? ;P The job sounds perfect for your situation, too!

Do you have something exciting in mind for your first paycheck? I am a strong believer that first paychecks must be squandered without a care on completely selfish shopping splurges. The mortgage can wait for month two!

gigi-hawaii said...

Oh, congratulations, Brenda! Wow! I am so impressed.

Yes, I agree with you. It is so much better to be the sole gal among the guys!

But don't stay away from your blog because of your job. Keep us posted, eh?

Gaijin Wife said...

Shame on you for sitting on that for five days!! Congratulations!! I would love to have something to get up and get dressed up for in the morning.

Ditto heather - squander that pay check.

Rebecca said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats!