Monday, July 6, 2009

Matsumoto-jo

Last Sunday E and I headed to Matsumoto with some friends to visit the castle. The weather was perfect and we had a really great day. E was the only kid that went, and he was so good all day, even during the 5 hour drive (!) home.

We toured the castle and grounds, visited the museum and had lunch at a Chinese restaurant right outside the castle. The construction of Matsumoto Castle started in 1504! That's just so amazing to me.

Then we poked around town for awhile, bought some souvenirs, then headed home. It was a fun day and my first time traveling to western Japan.




>

>


>

>

>

>


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I went to Matsumoto-jo in 1998 when we went to Nagano for the '98 Olympics.

It's a nice castle. And it's still the original structure...not rebuilt.

Robin Vistnes said...

Looked like a great trip- great pix- especially the second one- you are getting so good at taking pictures

Toby said...

Loveely blog you have