Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Tokyo getaway

This is about 3 weeks late, but better late than never. My picture folder is a huge, disorganized mess, so I upload photos, then lose them, then forget about them.
>
>

I got to the hotel about 2:45p, but my room wasn't ready, so I headed a few blocks up to Starbuck's. I've always gotten my Starbuck's to go, so for the first time ever, I sat down and enjoyed my chocolate chip scone and Java chip frap, and read a few chapters in my book. A perfect start to my getaway!

>

I got back to the hotel around 4:00p, and my room still wasnt' ready, and I seriously didn't care! I was in absolutely no hurry to get anywhere, and had no one to look after, chase after, entertain, feed or take to the bathroom! I snuggled into a big comfy chair in front of the fire place and read a few more chapters of my book. I ended up getting my room discounted 20% because I had to wait, but the desk staff did that totally on their own, I wasn't upset at all.

>

After I checked in, I went down to the street and the bellman hailed me a cab. How metropolitan does that sound? tee hee I was headed for Roppongi Hills to catch the sunset from Tokyo City View.

>

After the amazing sunset, I headed for Tony Roma's and my bluecheese burger. I past this restaurant that's Sound-ful, Taste-ful and herB-ful
>

>

I passed the Azabu Police Station on Roppongi Dori and turned down the side alley to get to the next street over. And right there, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Roppongi, were these two guys, in their business suits, taking a wee on the wall of the police station! Then they headed in the same direction as me, so I walked slower so they'd pass me and I could take their pic.
>
I had such a great time! I can't even put it into words, and it was exactly what I needed. I now use memories of that trip when I need to go to a "happy place" during the especially trying times of my daily life. I think I have 2 more posts and gobs of pictures from the trip. Stay tuned.
>
>
>

No comments: