Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Yes, we're still alive

I've been a bad blogger the last few weeks. With the holidays closing in I'm so stinkin' busy! I don't seem to have a moment to spare, I'm involved in so many things and spinning in so many different directions, half the time I don't even know where I'm going until I get there!

One bit of exciting info (a bit of bragging too): On Wednesday I drove home from Disneyland ALL BY MYSELF!!!!!! I had no map, and I only drove on local roads, no expressways/tolls!!! Woo hoo! Go me!

I've never been to the Disney area before, so it was all new to me, and we didn't drive there from our house, we started at the New Sanno hotel, so it's wasn't like just back tracking along my original route. This may not seem like a big deal to those of you who have never been to Japan, but let me tell you, it's a major triumph. Can you tell I'm proud of myself? LOL It only took us a little over 2 hours, just about what it would have taken on the expressway, and we never got lost. There were a lot of u-turns as I realized I needed to make a turn as I was whizzing past it, and several times I wasn't sure which way to turn, so I just guesses (a couple of times I even let the kids decide which way we should go!) but we made it home in good time!

We spent a great 4 days in Tokyo, posts and pictures coming soon.

Happy belated Turkey-day!

No comments: