Tuesday, December 23, 2008

That's what I get.....

.....for starting my Christmas shopping last January!

I bought all kinds of crap earlier in the year, hid it, and of course, forgot about it!!! Today, as we do every year right before Xmas, we went through everybody's closets and dressers, getting rid of all the stuff we don't wear, read or play with anymore, to make room for all the new stuff we'll get for Xmas (no, we don't actually replace it all on Xmas, but the kids haven't quite caught on to that yet, so it's a good excuse to get rid of a lot of junk!).

While going through the closet in my room and the spare room I found 6 gifts I had completely forgotten about, which made me rack my brain to figure out if there was anything else I was forgetting. There was, two more presents tucked in the trunk of Otis' car. I think that's everything. At least I hope it is!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! To all our family and friends, we love you and miss you and we'll be thinking about all of you Christmas day.

1 comment:

Robin Vistnes said...

I did this too, but I didn't statr shopping for K until Dec- still I kept forgetting that I had already bought him a shirt- so for Christmas he kept opening box after box of shirts. I'm an idiot-
At least you forgot since Jan- I forgot from the first of Dec to the 24th!!