Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chumby damn it!

I've never been very technology savvy. I didn't get a computer until 1995, kept dial-up service until 2005. I didn't have a cell phone until 1999, and the one I have now is the cheapest one available. I don't know anything about HDTV or Blu-ray, couldn't care less about flat screens. I easily stay a solid 5 years behind the latest and greatest must-have electronics. And that's in America! It puts me around 6 - 7 years behind in Japan.
>
Something has finally come along that I really want, and it's still really new, it's only been out in the U.S. for about since about February, just released in Japan in October and the only other country it's available in is Australia, a lot of people I've talked to haven't even heard of it! Could I finally be on the cutting edge?

Meet the newest desire of my heart:
>

Chumby

>

From the Chumby web site: "Chumby takes your favorite parts of the Internet and delivers them to you in a friendly, always-on, always-fresh format. It's a window into your Internet life that lives outside your desktop, so content like weather, news, celebrity gossip, podcasts, music, and more has a place to play away from your world of documents and spreadsheets. Just plug in your Chumby, connect to your wireless network, and use your computer to create a lineup of favorites from 1,000 widgets in 30 different categories, with new ones arriving all the time. Then let your Chumby do its thing—streaming everything you like, from sports scores to stock tips, from video clips to interactive games, from photos to trivia"

>

It's so cute and fun! Kind of like a soft, chubby iTouch.

>

Please Santa, I've been a really good girl this year!

>

No comments: