Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rededication

When I lived here as a kid I was in Girl Scouts and I have really great memories of fun things we did with Japanese Girl Scouts, so when I found out we'd be moving back, I knew I'd be getting my girls into scouting.
>
Both girls joined a troop last year, Gabi as a Cadette and Meg as a Junior. G's troop wasn't too active and she didn't enjoy it much (none of her friends are scouts and they all think it's kinda lame) but Meg's troop was lots of fun and a lot of her friends were in her troop. This year Gabi decided not to continue, but Meg is still really having fun with it. Last Friday, her troop held their Investiture & Rededication ceremony. This is when new scouts "invest" themselves in the scouting program and returning scouts "rededicate" themselves.

>


>
>>
>
Through the last scouting year ('07 - '08 school year) Megan and her troop worked on their Bronze Award, which is the highest award a Junior GS can earn. Meg fulfilled all the requirements and was awarded her Bronze during the ceremony on Friday. As she advances through the GS program she can earn the Silver and Gold awards as well.





No comments: