Saturday, October 11, 2008

I heart MickeyD's

Some people rag on me about how often I eat at McDonald's while I'm living in Japan. To them I say "Kiss my McGriddle!" McD's has been in my life..... my entire life. It's a tried and true favorite that has never let me down. And in my defense, Japanese McD's are truly a Japanese experience. Yes, they have most of the usual menu items, but there are also lots of Japanese originals:

Shaka Shaka Chicken Black Pepper

The chicken comes in a bag and you "shaka, shaka" it to coat it with the seasoning

Ebi Filet - o (Shrimp burger)

>

Teriyaki McBurger


The McFlurry options include Kit Kat and Caramel Macchiato. The Filet-o-fish is available on both the b'fast and regular menu and an there's a stack of mini-panacakes that are considered a side/dessert item. And here's my new favorite:



>>

The Bacon Potato Pie! It looks like an apple pie, but it's so not! The package says:

"Now, Come Back! KARI KARI outside, TORORI inside. ATSU ATSU mashed potatoes and tasty bacon...Good for your snack time!"

>

Kari kari means crunchy, torori is referring to the texture of the inside, kind of thick and pastey and atsu atsu is very hot. OISHII!!!

>

No comments: