Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wax On, Wax Off

I had my first Japanese eyebrow wax today. OMG! It was so awesome! I've never been a fan of waxing, it's a necessary EVIL as far as I'm concerned; but after today's experience, I can't wait to go back!

First I got a little mini-massage around my eyes and forehead, then she got a little comb and scissors for a trim, she was very meticulous. Next she wiped all around my brows with witch hazel, then she used a Q-tip to apply powder around the edges of my brows. Next she traced around the edges my brows with some kind of oil. She was very gentle with the waxing. She did more trimming with the little comb and scissors and finished with more warm oil and another mini-massage. The whole thing took nearly half and hour!

Although I don't see much difference in the end result than what I always got with the "wham-bam-rip-off-three-layers-of-flesh" waxes I always got in the U.S. it was so much more pleasant, almost relaxing! And all that for only $5.00!!! I'm hooked!

No comments: