Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm still figuring all of this out, making changes, so the blog will probably look different every day until I end up with a layout I'm happy with.

We're about to start a three-day weekend. We'll probably take the kids somewhere on the train, Meg hasn't taken a train ride yet, so it should be fun. Depends on the weather though, we've had snow flurries the last two nights, it's cold and we still have that thin south Florida blood. Ethan hugs himself saying "I'm freezing, I'm freezing!". The girls love jumping on the neighbor's trampoline, but they have to take their shoes off, which of course leads to their toes freezing. I bought them some nifty little hand warmers for their cold, cold walks to school in the morning, so they stuff the hand warmers in the bottom of their socks when they want to go jumping.

I did my volunteer orientation at the American Red Cross this week, the position I hope to get is an AA slot in the Public Relations/Marketing office here on the base. They had lots of positions at the hospital, but I really wanted to try something different, expand my horizons a little. Not to mention the fact that working in the hospital would mean being around Otis all day, I'm not sure how well we'd tolerate so much time together!

No comments: