Sunday, November 21, 2010

Turkey Day Plans

I've never been a fan of Thanksgiving.  I love holidays, all the decorations and celebrations, but for some strange reason, I just really don't like Turkey Day.  No clue why.  Once I moved out of my parents house, I stopped celebrating it completely.  While I was married, I stepped up and did the whole cook-the-turkey thing, or we celebrated w/ in-laws, to make everyone else happy, but now that I'm single again...not gonna happen.  When the girls were younger (and I was single) our Thanksgiving tradition was to go to Waffle House for lunch, then go see whatever new animated movie was playing at the theater (T-Day week is always a popular time to release kids' movies in the US).

Now that I find myself single, again, on Thanksgiving, we'll be re-instituting our own Turkey Day traditions.  Of course, there's no Waffle House in Japan (sob, sob), so we've had to come up with other ideas.  The girls will be heading to Guam on Wednesday to spend the holiday with their dad and bonus mom (they moved to Guam last month!  So, so happy that M and G will get to see them on a fairly regular basis now!), they'll return Sunday night.  So that'll be their tradition for at least the next 3 Thanksgivings. This year Ethan and I are heading to Yokohama/Yokosuka Thur - Sat.  We'll check out Hakkejima Sea Paradise, which has a really cool aquarium, see the USS George Washington, which is in port right now at Yokosuka Navy base, and get in some Xmas shopping while we're there.

To all my US friends and fam - Happy Thanksgiving!  Gobble, gobble!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Gobble gobble gobble Bryn! : )

I think your Thanksgiving plans sound really good. And cool for the girls to be going to Guam. Meanwhile my dad's coming here and they're going there. : )

The Waffle House, yumm yumm yumm.

Just wanted to wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving. : )

Cecilia said...

Happy Thanksgiving :)