Monday, June 1, 2009

Bloggy babies!

They're everywhere! At the moment, there are 8 blogs I follow regularly whose authors are preggo! What's going on out there?

One blogger I especially love is going pop any second, and she's getting loads of advice on how to get her labor moving. I suggested castor oil. When I was preggers with Gabi, my old, country grandma told me that gulping some castor oil would bring on labor.

Towards the end of my pregnancy, I was getting desperate; the kind of desperate only a woman who's 15 months pregnant in 100 degree weather, driving a car w/ no air conditioning can be. So I bought some castor oil. It was easily the most vile, foul, putrid thing I've ever been stupid enough to put in my mouth!!!!!!!!! But I'm telling you, I.WAS.DESPERATE! So, I bought some Bavarian cream donuts from Krispy Kreme, sucked the cream from the middle, and filled them with castor oil, thinking the yummy, puffy donut-y goodness would help mask the pure raw-sewage-sludginess of the castor oil. (I'm gaggin now, just thinking about it.) It didn't work. I stayed pregnant for another 9 days! And Bavarian creamed donuts were ruined forever. To this day, I can't even look at a cream filled donut :(
>
>
>

3 comments:

shinshu life said...

ohhhhhhh bleyrghhhh!!

My brother was really small as a kid and had to have a tablespoon of that vile smelly stuff every morning. Then he got a tablespoon of malt extract as a reward. My sister and I always wanted the malt extract but were never jealous of the oil!

Alisa said...

OMG!!!! You are toooooooo funny!!!
I cant believe you filled donuts with Castor Oil! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
LMAO!!!!
You were one Desperate Woman!

Sara said...

wow!!!! castor oil donuts sounds disgusting!! i hope i don't have to do that either... I am having nice week or two week early baby thoughts

it does seem there are a ton of pregnant - recently postpartum bloggers at the moment!!!

its sort of exciting!! :D