Saturday, January 10, 2009

Roppongi Hills

From my getaway weekend.
>
I made it to Tokyo City View in Roppongi Hills just in time for the sunset, in fact I almost missed it. If I had taken the 4 flights of stairs up to the Sky Deck, I would have missed it, so I opted to take in the last bit from the 52d floor, then head up to the SD after.
>>
>
>
All I can say is: absolutely breathtaking! It was a beautiful clear evening, I just wish I had gotten there a little bit earlier to catch the full sunset.
>



>
Now I know why they call it the 'Rainbow Bridge'! I didn't know it lit up rainbow at night! D'oh!
>
>

>

>My new camera took much better pics of the spider than my old one

>
>

Roppongi Hills is a great place to go. Tons of shops and restaurants, it has nightclubs and a movie theater, lots of exhibits and it's an awesome place to people watch

>

Super huge Santa. I swear, he was pushing 7 ft!
>

>


TCV is on the 52d floor, from there you have to take 4 flights of stairs up to the Sky Deck. The elevator goes so high, so fast, that your ears actually pop when you're riding in it!


>
>

No comments: