Wednesday, October 22, 2008

That boy just ain't right


>
The title of the post is a quote from Hank Hill, it's what he always says about his son Bobby. I've blogged before about how much Ethan loves the show "King of the Hill". I have no idea why, it's not a kids' show at all, it's an "adult content" cartoon with very grown-up jokes and innuendos, I was sure he couldn't possibly be following what goes on. Shows how much I know!
>
I was preparing some materials for my class tomorrow and E comes over:
>
E: What are you doing?
Me: Fixing this stuff for my class.
E: You're a teacher.
Me: Yep.
E: Peggy Hill's a teacher too. Hank Hill sells propane.
>
D'oh! He's 3!!! He got it all exactly right: Peggy is Hank's wife, she's a substitute teacher! And Hank is a propane salesman! It's kind of scarey to realize just how close he's watching what's going on around him, and how much he actually picks up and understands.
>
>

No comments: