Friday, September 5, 2008

Roppongi Hills

A few weeks ago I managed to talk Otis into taking the train into Tokyo for dinner (yes, miracles do happen). We headed to Roppongi, hoping to get to Tokyo City View and the Sky Deck in Roppongi Hills before it closed. We made it in time for TCV, but the Sky Deck was closed. It was still absolutely spectacular. I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking down at Tokyo spreading out literally as far as the eye can see.

Looking up at Mori Tower, Roppongi Hills
>

This in only about 5 degrees of the 360 degree view of Tokyo from the Tokyo City View observation deck. The Sky Deck is on the very top of the building, outside! I really want to go back and be up there for a sunset.

>

Spider egg

>

Spider statue in Roppongi Hills (thanks geek in japan, I couldn't get a decent pic)

>

>

We ate at Tony Roma's (don't worry, we eat at more than our fair share of Japanese restaurants), the hot fudge brownie sundae was nearly orgasmic, I have yet to find a Japanese place than does one so it's a very rare treat. We really had a nice time with a suprisingly minimal amount of grumping from O.

No comments: