Monday, September 15, 2008

The night the lights went out in......Musashimurayama

We had a crazy thunderstorm a few weeks ago, the worst we've had since we got here. The power went out about 9:30p, for about 1.5hrs. Megan freaked out! Every 5 minutes she would flip the switch for the backporch light, "I'm just checking!" And it occured to me that my kids had never experienced a power outage. Ever. Through eight years in Florida, several hurricane close calls, we never lost power, maybe just a quick flicker here and there.
>
>
>
>
>
So, we lit the candles, cranked up the ipod and spent the night singing and dancing. It was actually kind of fun. At one point Meg asked "How are we going to flush the toilet or get a drink of water?"............what? She thought the water was powered by electricity.
>
>

Origami cranes, heading towards the light, on top of my TV. The girls and I are working on a crane chain, we're making 1000 origami cranes.

>

No comments: