Wednesday, July 9, 2008

In his zone

Ever since he was just a little guy, barely even sitting up, Ethan has loved to sprawl out on the floor to play with his cars. He lays on his side and rolls the cars all around. He'll do it anytime, anywhere: in waiting rooms, on the train, anytime he's in the same spot more than 10 minutes, chances are he'll end up laying the floor rolling his cars.

(Look at that curly hair! I miss my baby.)



Since moving to Japan we've discovered these very handy picnic mats, they're just plastic tarps that fold up really small and are great for using anytime you have to sit on the ground. They come in all kinds of colors and sizes and I've picked up several small ones at the 100Y store to carry around in my purse. I can whip one out for Ethan to lay on when we're out and about and he needs to have some car time. The one pictured below came with the kids' meal at KFC. They did a super cute beach theme with Pingu: one week was a little beach bag, then a beach bowl, the mat and then I think it was a towel.





He's getting so big :(

No comments: