Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yikes! Updated!

I completely forgot that I took a few pictures on my Ebisu adventure.


My train approaching Seibu-Tachikawa station.
This is a good station to use if you want to park right at the station, and it's really cheap, only 100Y/hr with an 800Y maximum. All the other stations around the base require walking for several blocks from where you park; it's not terribly far, but if you've been hoofin' it around Tokyo for 8 + hours or hiking Mt. Fuji, those 4 - 5 blocks back to your car at the end of the day can feel like miles

I forgot to add this in my Train Riding Tutorial. These were the next 3 trains arriving at Platform 3. The first 2 characters in each line tell you whether the train is a local or an express: red for express, orange for local.


Crane chain.

After I finished my orientation I wandered up and down a few alleys on my way back to the train station. I found a small shrine down one. It's kind of hard to tell, but this chain is made out of 1000 origami cranes. Japanese legends say that a person who folds 1000 cranes will have their wish granted. The little wooden boards are called ema, you buy one at the shrine and write your prayer on the back, then hang it here for the gods to read.

No comments: