Sunday, May 18, 2008

Be prepared for photo overload!


Yesterday was my trip to Kamakura with some of the girls from my YOSC culture group. We left at 7:30a and got back at 9:30p!! We spent about 10 hours travelling around on the bus: 2 4-hour stretches and about 2 hours getting between destinations, which gave us about 4 hours spread between 5 different stops.

Our first stop was Misaki, a little fishing town on the very tip of Tokyo Bay where it opens to the Pacific ocean. First we stopped at a park over looking some bluffs, then a little lighthouse where there were some shops and we had a yummy lunch, and finally a big fish market. Next we went to Kurihama Flowerworld in Yokohama. Our last stop was the Hachimangu Shrine in Kamakura. It was a long, exhausting day, but we had so much fun. The Japanese ladies are really great and we always have a good time with them.

I'm going to do 5 seperate blog entries, there's just too much to tell and soooo many pictures (I took 130!) I'd end up with one looooooong entry! So I'll keep this one on top and the other entries will follow, it will probably take me a couple of days to get it all up.

The culture group is officially over for now, but will start up again in October. I think there usually 4-5 groups to choose from, but I'm definitely joining this one again. Most of the same Japanese ladies come back every year to their same groups too.

No comments: