Monday, April 7, 2008

My little mishuugakujidou

Ethan started at his new school today. I drove him, but he'll ride the bus home. The teachers meet the kids at the gate and walk them to the courtyard where they wait for all the kids to arrive.



Once all the kids have arrived, they all bow to their teacher and say "Ohiogozimasu Sensei" (Good morning teacher), then bow again and say "Ohiogozaimasu minasan" (Good morning everyone). At the end of the day they'll do the same thing except it will by "Sayonara" instead of "Ohio".

This is the view of Higashi Yamamoto-shi from Ethan's school. The school is perched right on the tippy top of a hill in the middle of the city.


1 comment:

Leah said...

Hi! I just came over from Swap-Bot; I'm your partner from the "filled to-go coffee cup" swap. When I read your profile, I had to visit--your blog is wonderful! I was compelled to go back and read the older entries. Your writing is so vivid, and the photos are great. This is one of the best blogs I've visited recently!

I'm working on your package, and will try to send it out early so it gets all the way to you in good time. I'll be sure to check back in here soon--

best,

Leah