Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kourakuen

Last Thursday (the 15th) my big culture group had its New Year's party. I blogged about the Xmas party, which the Americans hosted, the Japanese side hosted the NY's party.
>
>>

>>
We had lunch at a restaurant called Kouraken, as always, check out the website to get the full effect. We always have such a great time in this group. For one thing, it's huge, with nearly 100 members. Because we have so many members, we have a lot of money for entertaining, so that really helps to elevate the fun factor.
>
Lunch was great and we were treated to a performance by a dance troupe from Fussa (sorry, I forgot their name). At one point we had a big Japanese conga line going, but since I was in it, I didn't get any pictures. >
>

>
>

I have a couple of video clips, but I'm having some issues with editing, so they'll have to wait.
>

This week, one of my small groups from this big group (there are 6 small groups, A - F, that make up the Yokota-Fussa Friendship Circle, I lead groups B and D. The small groups meet seperately once a month for a cultural activity) is taking a tour of a local sake factory. Woo hoo! Any activity that involves alcohol intake rates very high on my list of fun things to do!



>
>
>

No comments: